» Our History
The Congregation was founded in 1877 by Venerable Mary Potter in Nottingham, England, where an old stocking factory became the first Convent. From its humble beginnings in Nottingham the Congregation has spread to the various parts of the world where the Sisters can be found ministering today.
Venerable Mary Potter was a woman of great vision who did not limit herself or the Congregation to any one particular apostolic work. She knew the great work to be done was the work of evangelisation.
Today our communities are found throughout the world, their lives and ministries reflect the cultures of the countries where they are located.
|2 July 1877||Nottingham, England|
|1937||Rhodesia now Zimbabwe|
|1974||Kingdom of Tonga|