Website Privacy Notice
- This Privacy Notice Statement applies to use of the www.lcmsisters.org website.
- The activities and functions of the Little Company of Mary necessitate the handling of personal information of users of our website.
- The Little Company of Mary regards its privacy obligations as extremely important and its actions are directed to complying with the laws to which it is subject.
Your Personal Information
- The LCM will collect and maintain in our database and files certain personally identifiable information from you only when you provide it to use on a voluntary basis, for example, when you make an enquiry, contact us, subscribe to publications, use an opt-in mailing list, or agree to be interviewed or photographed.
- You can choose not to provide your personal information or you may just want to deal with us anonymously or by using a pseudonym. If this happens, we may not be able to provide you with the product you asked for or give you the level of service you expect.
Use of Information
- The LCM may use your personally identifiable information for the purpose of IT mailing, to improve our website, for providing a service to you and for system administration.
- We will take reasonable steps to ensure that all information we collect or use is accurate, complete, up to date, stored in a secure environment and accessible only by authorised persons.
- No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information from misuse, loss or unauthorised access, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit or receive from our online service. These activities are conducted at your own risk. As soon as we receive your transmission we make our best efforts to ensure its security.
- We will not share any information about you with third parties, except as provided for in compliance with the GDPR.
- As an international religious Congregation, the information you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA), which are not subject to the same data protection regulations as apply in the UK to enable us to ensure that your request for membership, association or prayer is addressed, we meet our obligations under GDPR by ensuring that the information has equivalent protection as if it were being held within the EEA. We do this by ensuring that any third parties processing your data outside the EEA either benefits from an adequacy determination for GDPR purposes and/or, where appropriate, we have entered into a Data Processing Agreement which contains model EU clauses.
- For Sisters and Staff, if you do not want your personally identifiable information to be published in the LCM Address Guide or to be used on our website, or for promotional purposes, you may contact us at email@example.com
- You may always review your personally identifiable information and may change, update or correct it as needed in line with legislation. To do this you should email the Administrative Secretary on firstname.lastname@example.org
- The safety of children is very important to us.
- We ask that children under the age of 18 have a parent or guardian verify their contact with us. Whilst we make every reasonable effort to ensure that children’s privacy and other rights are not compromised, it is ultimately the responsibility of parents to monitor their children’s internet usage.
- You may configure your browser so that you are notified before a cookie is downloaded or so that your browser does not accept cookies.
- To disable or clear your cookies, please refer to the help menu within your Internet browser.
If you are unhappy with how your personal information is handled, accessed, stored, or disseminated, you can make a complaint in the following manner:
- Set out the complaint in writing to the Congregational Leader who will deal with the complaint in accordance with the relevant legislation.
- If the person is not satisfied, they may appeal to the Congregational Leader and Council of the Little Company of Mary.
- Further details about how to complain can be found here. https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
This Policy may be changed from time to time. If we make any significant changes we will advertise this on our website or contact you directly with the information.
Do please check this Policy each time you consider giving your personal information to us.
For further information please contact:
The Congregational Leader
Little Company of Mary Congregation CIO
28 Trinity Crescent
London SW17 7A